Decided to make a dress for my nieces.
Came across the “
Good Deeds Dress” and loved the design.
However, I found it rather complicated and unclear how to add a lining.
So I decided to do a tutorial on how to do it.
scroll down or click “continue reading” for how to do it.
Continue reading The Good Deeds Dress | Sewing | New Clothes | Mend and Make New
I am so proud of this design, the rouch is what I wanted the dress to look like.
However the “butterfly”neck line was me trying to salvage a badly freestyle cut neck line.
But thank God that it ended up the PERFECT neckline for the evening.
Since I also made butterflies to identify as a person who is a floater.
See the origami butterfly in my hair? 😛
This is the MOST comfortable fancy dress! The Roche adds quite a bit of space for sitting and eating 😉
The Final dress. Haha.. I am one of the few photographers who LOVES to be in front of the camera;) Thank you so much Cheryl from Finestone Photography for taking this photo for me:)
Check out the Work In Progress 😀
The best thing about the dress is the pocket I added on the left hand side of me:D
Would you like me to do a tutorial on how to add a hidden pocket in your dresses?
Last week I went to an awesome creative women retreat. As part of the Friday dinner we had a Diner en Blanc where we get to decorate our table and dress up in all white!
Ha ha.. They mention the re-use of wedding dresses.. Only thing was my wedding dress is NOT blue:P So I had 1 week left and decided to bite the bullet and make my own out of calico and a scrap piece of shimmery white material I got for free:D
The dress I uploaded on Facebook Thursday at 6:30 pm People thought that it was beautiful! Little did they know it’s not my style.. not yet. It was just a blank canvas;)
I took some photos along the design and sewing process below if you are interested, click “
Continue reading “.
Continue reading Diner en Blanc | Work In Progress | Mend and Make New
So.. I woke up earlier then usual on this faithful Friday morning.
I noticed how ripped our doona was after a month of neglect.
In hindsight, I wished I fixed it when it was just a tiny little hole instead of this ripper which was ripped at several places.
It took me 1/2 a day to fix it and below is the fix 😀
The finished product. I could have used a same colour thread but i like the idea of show casing the fix as an arty element
Scroll down or click “Continue reading
” to see what I did to fix it
Continue reading Doona Fix | Sewing | Mend and Make New
I always endeavor to learn and improve the way I do gardening. This is my latest thing:P Air pruning bags
Finished mini air prune bag housing the store bought re-grown gai lan
scroll down or click “continue reading”for more photos:) I will be doing a tutorial when I can! So do check back:)
Continue reading Air Pruning Bags | Home DIY | Home Grown