I am soo excited to share with you the dish I made today for lunch!
I have always wanted to be able to say all veggies in this dish was from my backyard and today is THAT day 😀
I have to thank Jettos for being such an inspiration and their patience with me and the willingness to teach me and answer my noobie question.
Also thank you to my friend Jess who gave me the eggplant seedling which is the star of this dish;)
A slice of the finished parmigiana.. Mmmm… Delicious!!
Please scroll down or click “continue reading” for the recipe.
From the garden [For quantities please check the photos below;)]
– 3 x small eggplant
– Mozzarella Cheese
– Salt and Pepper
– Olive Oil
Scroll down for the directions with photos
3rd eggplant weighing in at 133 g
- Pre-heat the oven to 205 C / 400 F
- Wash and then slice the eggplant either the way I did or as circular disks.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and drizzle on some olive oil.
- Repeat step 2 on the other side
4)Bake the eggplant for 20 mins in the oven at 205 C / 400 F. Make sure they are well spaced apart so that they will not stew
5) While the eggplant is baking in the oven, it is time to prepare the tomato, parsley and basil sauce.
6) Put the tomatoes, parsley and basil into the food processor and use the pulse function.
7) Put some sauce on the bottom of the baking dish
8) Add the grilled eggplant as the next layer like below
9) Top it off with Mozzarella cheese. Repeat steps 7-9 till all eggplant is used up.
10) Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 mins till the cheese is melted and has form a little crust on top.